Join Our Team:
If interested please send a resume, cover letter, and references to:
Jaime Larson from DREAM at [email protected],
Jenny Hughes from CHOICE at [email protected]
We have opportunities during the 2018-2019 school year for both short and long term substitutes in both licensed and paraprofessional positions.
Full Time Positions
CHOICE Technical Academy, Special Education Advisor
This position is for the 2019-2020 school year.
Special Education Duties and Responsibilities:
Student Centered Responsibilities:
- Plan IEP meetings, send out meeting notices to all team members, Facilitate IEP meetings, organize input from meeting, write IEP’s, provide copies to required parties.
- Conduct student assessment for initial and three year Special Education placement (observation, achievement testing and transition assessments, write up results, work with school psychologist to complete the report).
- Design and implement a referral process to identifying students for Special Education. (Coordinate Child Study team, review interventions, complete paperwork for permission to assess, work with concerned parents.
- Consult with staff about student progress and alternative learning and evaluation methods for students who need them (meet with advisors of special Ed students regularly to discuss progress, make recommendations, change students’ schedules if needed).
- Plan and carry out a program within the school to help all Special Education students attain basic skill levels and earn credits toward graduation.
- Design, implement, and individualize alternative academic curricula for students.
- Design and implement communication and social skills curriculum based in the needs of individual students.
- Help Special Education students, as needed, throughout the project process from proposal to presentation.
- Design activities and strategies which will promote individual students’ academic, transitional and behavioral goals.
- Design activities for all students which promotes student’s academic, transitional and behavioral goals.
- Develop meaningful and appropriate relationships with all students.
- Track and report student progress towards goals and credit completion. This must be reported once per block.
Tasks and responsibilities are subject to modification; other tasks, responsibilities and duties may be required, as assigned by lead advisor or staff committees’ request.
Qualification and requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Minnesota Teaching License in Special Education
We are accepting applications until June 1, 2019. For more information call 507-400-4009.
CHOICE Technical Academy
315 S Grove Avenue
Owatonna, MN 55060
Job Type: Full-time
Teaching: 3 years (Preferred)
Special Education (Required)
TECHNICAL ACADEMY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.